SIS40221 Full Course Details
Gain expertise in a rising field as a Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, or Fitness Business Owner
Once you have completed your SIS30321 – Certificate 3 in Fitness, the second step in your fitness career is enrolling in the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness. Upon completion of this qualification, you’ll have developed the training skills necessary for giving unsupervised program instructions, and health and nutritional advice to clients one-on-one.
- A nationally-recognised qualification from our fitness training institution.
- A mix of theoretical and hands-on training, allowing you to put the skills you learn into practice. This includes instructing clients one-on-one, giving advice on proper form, and conducting health screenings.
- Flexible study options; study SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness online or in the classroom. If you study online, you can work at your own pace and complete the coursework as it suits you.
- Work placements in gyms as well as practical training in partnered fitness facilities across Australia.
- The support of our excellent team. Whether you have a question about the course, your work placement, or an assessment, you are welcome to contact one of our friendly staff.
- The chance to learn from experts in the fitness industry. We designed this program in conjunction with both academic and industry professionals to ensure that graduates possess the skills employers are looking for.
- A range of payment options. Receive a discount for paying the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness cost upfront or pay over time with a flexible payment plan.
You’ll have a 12-month window to complete the self-paced SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness, many past students have successfully completed this course in less time. You can request an extension if you find that 12 months is not enough time.
Nationally Recognised Training
Benefits & Features
TOPICS COVERED IN SIS40221 – CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- SISFFIT041 – Develope personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT042 – Instruct personalised exercise sessions
- SISFFIT043 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
- SISFFIT044 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT049 – Use exercise scient principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT50 – Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT053 – Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
Electives Group A
- SISXCAI009 – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISXCA1010 – Develop strength and conditioning programs
Electives Group B
- BSBESB302 – Develop and present business proposals
- BSBESB303 – Organise finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and reisk managemetn requirements of new business ventures
- BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold the following units of competency or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation.
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions.
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients.
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
Upon completing the SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness, you will have the skills to work independently as a personal trainer, offering personalized program instructions and nutritional advice. This qualification is recognized across Australia, allowing you to work in fitness centers, gyms, and various community settings. You’ll learn to:
- Develop and deliver individualized exercise programs.
- Provide health and nutritional advice to clients.
- Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction.
- Support clients in behavior change for exercise.
- Establish and maintain professional fitness practice.
- Offer healthy eating information to support client goals.
- Manage client relationships and operate a small fitness business.
Receive Course Details Via Email:
WILL I GET A JOB?
While a job as a personal trainer is not guaranteed, we find that our SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness graduates often find employment. We have connections in the fitness industry, so we have fitness businesses call us seeking graduate referrals. Our students are often employed by gyms and fitness facilities across Australia.
When we design our programs, we ask employers what they want to see in a staff member. This ensures that what you learn is relevant to the type of job you may receive. We have experienced trainers and quality course materials to teach you all of the knowledge you need to become a personal trainer.
Some graduates also use their SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness to move into further study or improve their employability in other roles, such as coaching or teaching.