FSK10119 Course Details
Gain expertise in a rising field as an Entry Level Administrative Assistant, Basic Digital Technology User, or Community Engagement Coordinator
The Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) courses, FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways; FSK10219 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways; FSK20119 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways, are designed to help develop the key skills needed to go about our daily lives. Whilst it is easy to take the LLN skills for granted, sometimes improving these skills can make the difference between successful study and getting that new job, or not. To assist you build your skills, COHAF offers three different LLN qualifications that are designed to both support and prepare you for accessing further educational and employment opportunities. These courses, combined with support from our qualified trainers, are designed to help you further develop core language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- A nationally recognised qualification from an Australian Registered training Organisation
- The full support of our experienced course tutors who are there to help you succeed and do as well as you can
- A Language, Literacy, and Numeracy qualification that may increase your employability and help you to feel ready to enter the workforce
- Basic digital literacy skills that will help you with study and in the workplace
- Exercises to help improve your skills in numeracy, reading, oral communication, and writing to better equip you for further study
- Tutors who are there to answer any questions you have about your coursework: get in touch by email, phone, or in-person whenever you need assistance
Nationally Recognised Training
Benefits & Features
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES FSK10119 – CERTIFICATE 1 (I) IN ACCESS TO VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS TAKE?
FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways can be completed online at your own pace. The College allows up to 12 months for you to complete and as self-paced learning, you can choose how much or little time you would like to study per week. Extensions are available (subject to conditions) if you need more than twelve months. You will receive access to all of the units through the online learning platform at the start of the program, so you can go through them in any order you wish.
FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways can be completed on its own, but many of our students choose to complete one as preparation for a higher-level course in their preferred subject area (e.g. Fitness). This gives them the chance to improve their basic skills to prepare for higher level vocational study of choice.
FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways
This qualification is designed for individuals who require significant foundation skills support to access a vocational learning pathway.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who require:
- A pathway to employment and further vocational training
- Reading, writing, oral communication, learning and numeracy skills primarily aligned to Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 1
- Entry level digital technology and employability skills.
WILL I GET A JOB?
FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways is designed to help improve your language literacy and numeracy skills which may assist you when applying for jobs. At the end of these courses, most of our students continue on to more study before looking for a job.
TOPICS COVERED IN FSK10119 – CERTIFICATE 1 (I) IN ACCESS TO VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS
- FSKLRG001 Prepare to participate in a learning environment
- FSKLRG002 Identify strategies to respond to short and simple workplace problems
- FSKLRG004 Use short and simple strategies for work-related learning
- FSKNUM003 Use whole numbers and halves for work
- FSKNUM004 Locate, compare and use highly familiar measurements for work
- FSKNUM007 Use simple data for work
- FSKNUM012 Use familiar and simple data for work
- FSKDIG001 Use digital technology for short and basic workplace tasks
- FSKOCM002 Engage in short and simple spoken exchanges at work
- FSKRDG004 Read and respond to short and simple workplace information
- FSKWTG003 Write short and simple workplace information
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
There are no entry requirements for FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways.
Upon completing the FSK10119 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways, you will have acquired the foundational skills and knowledge essential for successful engagement in vocational education and training, and for participation in the workplace. This qualification is recognized across Australia, providing learners with the literacy, numeracy, and employability skills required to access further education and training, secure employment, or undergo workplace re-entry. It is particularly suitable for individuals seeking to improve their academic skills to pursue a specific vocational pathway or career.
- Develop and apply basic literacy skills for workplace documentation and communication.
- Utilize fundamental numeracy skills for practical problem-solving in work and daily life.
- Engage with simple digital technology tools for basic workplace tasks and learning purposes.
- Understand workplace culture and expectations, including working effectively with others.
- Identify personal goals and learning pathways in relation to vocational and educational aspirations.
- Apply basic strategies for planning and organizing work tasks.
- Recognize and practice appropriate health and safety guidelines in a learning or work environment.
- Enhance communication skills to effectively participate in educational and vocational settings.
- Develop a personal action plan to achieve learning and career objectives.