In this course, you’ll gain a range of basic coaching skills required to work under the supervision of a coach to engage participants in sport.
The graduates of our SIS20321 – Certificate II in Sports Coaching program are qualified to hold several roles in the sporting community. We have designed this program to prepare you to best support your club. You will learn about first aid, health and safety, and how to be an effective volunteer. Upon completion, you will be able to coach participants at a foundational level.
You’ll have a 12-month window to complete the self-paced SIS20321 Certificate II in Sports Coaching many past students have successfully completed this course in less time. You can request an extension if you find that 12 months is not enough time.
Nationally Recognised Training
Benefits & Features
TOPICS COVERED IN THE CERTIFICATE II IN SPORTS COACHING
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BTXWTW301 – Work in a team
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SISXEMR003 – Respond to emergency situations
- SISSSCO002 – Work in a community coaching role
- SISSSCO001 – Conduct sport coaching sessions with foundation level participants
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid – not online, delivered as a 1 day face to face course
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Before you start this course, you will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment. The course does include concepts and assessments that may be challenging, and students will be required to research broadly using online resources. Access to a computer and the internet is required.
Students must also find a suitable workplace to complete their work placement and have their logbook signed off. We assist students in finding a workplace to complete this requirement.
Upon completing the SIS20321 Certificate II in Sports Coaching, you will have developed the essential skills and knowledge required to coach athletes in a range of sports.
You’ll learn how to:
- provide equipment for activities,
- participate in conditioning training for sport,
- conduct sport coaching sessions with foundation-level participants, and
- assist supervisors to prepare, conduct, monitor and evaluate activity sessions.
Receive Course Details Via Email:
WILL I GET A JOB?
The College of Health and Fitness has been operating for 20 years. We are registered with ASQA – offering you total peace of mind that you will come away with a recognised qualification. The best part of all is that our students have good opportunities at the end of their course.